Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Perfect Job

Growing up, I never had a dream job. I really did not begin to think about my professional interests until my senior year of high school. Still, by the time I entered college, I did not have any specific career goals and thus registered as an Exploratory major. 
Deciding what I want to do professionally has been a bit of a process of elimination and a long one at that. By my sophomore year, however, I decided to major in Communication/Media Studies. I have always been passionate about effective communication and the broad applications of a communications major appealed to me. I thoroughly enjoyed my communications courses but I soon realized I needed to find a practical application and my niche. At that point I added an Editing, Writing, and Media major since English and writing have always been my best subjects.

Once I began taking EWM courses and integrating them with the material from my Comm courses, I realized my dream career would be in the publishing industry. I have always loved books and have thoroughly embraced the concept of grammar ever since it was introduced to me. This prompted my decision to pursue a career as a book editor for a major publishing company. I am hoping to gain experience in the industry through an internship this summer. This career appeals to me because I can work both individually and as a team. It would provide a creative environment to work in and I would be helping to produce a product that I love. This job sounds ideal to me and I feel as though I could excel in this position. I look forward to seeing where my dream will take me because I think being an editor would be my perfect job.

No comments:

Post a Comment